Autumn Briefing, Sheringham: Life (and Death!) in the Technological Age
Life is becoming increasingly complicated! Recent advances in technology have made this even more complex especially for those owning and running businesses, whether they be sole traders, partnerships or companies.
Aimed at other professional advisers, this briefing will centre on key issues that those advisers need to be aware of to be able to properly inform and advise their own clients. In particular we will be looking at the impact that technology has had on day to day living as well as in death. The speed of change is huge so we will be focusing on not only awareness but most importantly how to adapt to the changes and how to adopt a ''prevention is better than cure'' approach.
We will be looking at:
- The advent of Commercial Lasting Powers of Attorney
- The collapse of the Family Justice system
- Digital legacies – what happens to your online presence after death?
- The pitfalls of DIY
- Using social media in divorce
- Avoiding social media pitfalls in the workplace
- Who owns your online connections?
This briefing is free to attend and a light lunch will be available on arrival. (The briefing will finish at 2:15pm to minimise your time away from the office).
To book your place, or for more information, please contact Louis Hilldrup-Boorman on 01603 693579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org