As a society we are seeing a change in the family structure. Today, blended families are more common than ever. New beginnings and the blended families they create can be wonderful, however no matter what your family make-up, it's crucial to plan for the future.
On Tuesday 18th September, our family law and private client solicitors presented on the changing family landscape. During the briefing, Caroline Eaton (Family Law Solicitor) and Jennifer Morgan (Wills, Trusts and Probate Solicitor) discussed options to help you make the best decision for you and your family, how to protect yourself and your loved ones with forward planning and the importance of having the correct legal documents in place.
- Inheritance – difference between married and unmarried couples
- Estate Planning – what challenges do Blended Families face?
- Updating your Will - protecting your own children and providing for your new spouse
- Property Ownership: Joint Tenants vs Tenants in Common
- Cohabitation agreements
- Pre-nuptial agreements – not just for the rich and famous
- What happens if when a relationship breaks down?
- How can Clapham & Collinge assist, using recent case studies as illustrations
Feedback from delegates:
"Many thanks for a really interesting and engaging presentation yesterday. ** and I both thought it was really helpful"
"Good format, enjoyed the case studies"
"Very clear and comprehensive, many thanks"
"Well presented and relevant"
The Clapham & Collinge team of expert Wills, Trusts and Probate solicitors have a wealth of legal experience, to guide and support you through Inheritance planning and updating your Will and our family law advice is bespoke, confidential and totally designed around you.
If you'd like to receive our monthly email newsletter, legal updates and event invitations, sign-up to our email mailing list by clicking here