Throughout March and April, our roadshow of legal briefings looked at the changing legal landscape and reviewed some of the big news stories and case law developments from over the last 12 months. The briefings were delivered and illustrated through a series of case studies, to provide businesses and individuals essential guidance and highlight the need for proper advice and forethought. During the briefing, Neale Grearson (Partner and Head of Family Department), Caroline Eaton(Family Solicitor), Jennifer Nash (Wills, Trusts and Probate Solicitor) and Jade Tinney (Commercial Solicitor) highlighted how you can protect yourself, your loved ones and your business with a little forward planning and having the correct legal documents in place.
The briefing included:
- The legal challenges of blended families and protecting your loved ones
- The Supreme Court has its say on Inheritance Act claims
- Lasting Powers of Attorneys: Top tips to ensure they are safe, effective and legally robust and safe.
- Inheritance Tax threshold changed in 2017, have you updated your Will?
- Family Law update: No-fault divorce, cohabitation agreements and the ''common law husband and wife''
- Brexit and GDPR – how will this affect your business?
- How to use legal documentation to minimise risk to your business.
Feedback from delegates:
'Good topics, well presented'
'All very informative & relevant'
'All 3 presentations were informative, interesting and helpful'
'Cohabiting couples and divorce particularly interesting'
'Energy requirements was helpful'
'Good speakers and audience interaction'
At Clapham & Collinge we have a dedicated team of experts who are able to provide you with all of the necessary information, support and legal advice on Family Law, Wills, Trusts and Probate and Commercial Law. Contact us today on 01603 693500 or email us using the 'Make an enquiry' form. Appointments available at our Norwich, North Walsham and Sheringham offices.