Everyone knows that running a business can be challenging. There are a wide range of matters to consider; from insurance and business protection, governing documents such as Articles of Association and dispute management, not to mention the underestimated risks which digital technologies and devices bring.
On Wednesday 18th October, Clapham & Collinge, Smith & Pinching and KTIB delivered a seminar on 'The risks that could KILL your business' at the Beechwood Hotel in North Walsham. Using real-life examples, we looked at a range of measures that businesses can take to protect against those risks and reduce vulnerability and exposure.
During the briefing, Paul Rayner (Associate Director at Smith & Pinching), Ian Limeburner (Account Executive at KTIB) and Jade Tinney (Commercial Solicitor at Clapham & Collinge) highlighted a range of measures to protect against the less obvious risks businesses face. The briefing included:
- Key Person Insurance: what if a key person was no longer able to work due to illness or death?
- Shareholder and Partnership Protection: what if a business partner or shareholder were to die suddenly, what impact would this have on the succession of your business?
- Articles of Association: how to make best use of them to protect your company
- Safeguarding the future of your business using shareholders'/partnership agreements
- Identifying cyber business risk exposures and vulnerabilities
- The "prevention" approach: building your own cyber business continuity risk assessment
- The "cure" approach: insurance protection
We offer businesses a full range of legal services, for more information on how we can support you and your business please contact us today on 01603 693500 or email us using the 'Make an enquiry' form. Appointments available at our Norwich, North Walsham and Sheringham offices.