Breakfast Briefing: Website compliance... Can you afford not to?
In the digital age, business owners are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of having an online presence.
A company website gives businesses an effective platform to showcase what they have to offer, but did you know that all commercial websites must adhere to a number of rules set out under UK and EU law? Failure to comply could result in civil, or in worst cases, criminal liability.
Aimed at business owners, key decision makers and marketing professionals, Clapham & Collinge Solicitors and GRIT Digital are holding a seminar to guide delegates through the latest rules and regulations to ensure online compliance, including:
- Website accessibility - What is it, and what does it mean for your business?
- The Equality Act and what it means for websites.
- Website cookies - What are they, what is the law and what do you need to do?
- Website terms and conditions - One size doesn't fit all
- Privacy policies and data protection notices - Sorting fact from fiction
- Social media policies – Protecting your business and employees
- What are the risks of not complying?