Family Law Solicitors
Here at Clapham & Collinge, we appreciate that no two families are the same, family issues are often sensitive and can be emotional and stressful for all those involved.
We pride ourselves on our knowledge and expertise combined with our sympathetic, discreet and practical approach to any family law matter. Our advice is bespoke, confidential and totally designed around you, helping you come to the best conclusion for both you and your family. We've worked with countless Norfolk families, gaining a reputation for providing excellent family law services.
We can advise you on:
- Arrangements for children
- Collaborative Law and Family Mediation
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Separation and Divorce
- Financial and Property settlements
- Living together
- Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
Our dedicated team of family law solicitors are members of Resolution, active members of 'The Good Divorce Group' in Norwich and hold the 'Help and Support for Separated Families (“HSSF") Mark. We're committed to resolving issues in a manner that minimises financial and emotional impact, through mediation or through the court process. Equally, our solicitors will fight tooth and nail to get the result you are looking for and we will discuss all the options with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How can I ensure I get my fair share in a divorce?
- Q. How do I ensure my children get what I want them to get following my divorce? How do I protect what they're entitled to?
- Q. Will I have to go to court to finalise my divorce?
- Q. If I'm talking about my provisions in a divorce in a court, can it be publicly reported in a newspaper?
- Q. Why should I use a solicitor instead of an online divorce service?
- Q. I'm divorcing my partner, who is unemployed. Do I have to pay for her legal advice in the process?
- Q. Do I have to change my name back to my maiden name after my divorce or can I keep my married name?
- Q. My partner lives in the USA and while agreeing to divorce, has no plans to return to the UK where we married. Does he need to?
- Q. My wife is demanding I continue to fund our daughter's home tuition. Can I insist on proof it would be spent on this?
- Q. My sister's husband is violent and she is scared of presenting him with divorce documents. Do they have to have any contact?
- Q. Does a Prenuptial Agreement have to be fair to be legally binding?
- Q. What do you do if an ex-partner breaches a Child Arrangements Order?
''I'd like to pass on my thanks to all concerned for their professional advice and support in this difficult matter. It has been much appreciated and I will have no hesitation in recommending Clapham & Collinge in the future.''
"Clapham & Collinge Solicitors's 'competent and sensible lawyers provide excellent service'. The 'extremely measured and calm' Neale Grearson excels in collaborative work, and advised on a divorce with assets exceeding £4m." The Legal 500 United Kingdom, 2015 edition.
'Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness. Am extremely happy with how everything turned out.' Client thank you - April 2016
'Thanks for everything you helped with, will recommend you to anybody who needs your help' Client thank you - June 2016
'impressive service' from Clapham & Collinge family law team, which includes the 'clear, realistic' Neale Grearson, who provides 'calm reassurance and is sensitive to the stresses clients face'. Grearson is ably supported by Caroline Mitchell. The Legal 500 United Kingdom, 2016 edition
'Would like to mention Neale Grearson, how kind and how he explained things so even I understood. He was fantastic, a huge thank you to him - he was a star!' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - April 2017
"Caroline, I just wanted to thank you for your help in guiding me through my recent divorce. As you know, it was sadly not as amicable as I had hoped, but your professionalism, empathy and understanding certainly made the process less daunting. I would be very happy to recommend you to anyone who is going through a similar circumstance in the future." Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - June 2018
For more information or to discuss your individual requirements in further detail, contact our specialist family law solicitors.
Call 01603 693500 or email us using the 'Make an enquiry' form. Appointments available at our Norwich, North Walsham and Sheringham offices.
Out-of-hours and home appointments
We pledge to provide services at a time that's convenient for you. Appointments are available outside of normal working hours including evenings and weekends at all of our offices, your home or place of business.
We understand there may be times when our clients need additional support, so we supply all clients with an out of office emergency mobile contact. For more information on this service, please call 01603 693500 and speak to Neale Grearson.