For most of us, buying or selling a property is one of the most significant financial transactions we ever carry out, so it is vital to get the best possible expertise to guide you through all stages of the property transaction.
Our experienced team of expert conveyancers have gained a reputation for providing first class legal services in Norfolk and we're accredited members of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme - a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing practices.
At Clapham & Collinge, our property experts are here to guide you through the processes involved and hold your hand when necessary. We will assign your case to an experienced member of staff whom you will be able to contact by email, direct dial or even by coming into the office.
We understand that your property is not only your home, but an investment. We carry out detailed and extensive checks on your behalf to protect you from potentially very expensive costs in the future.
Whether you're buying, selling, investing, or letting a property, we focus on the individual needs of our clients, keeping you informed throughout the process from instruction to completion. We provide a fast and reliable service, so your purchase is completed as quickly and smoothly as possible whilst paying close attention to detail so you can relax in the knowledge there won't be any nasty surprises.
We offer fixed fee quotations which means that we are honest and upfront with no hidden charges. The disbursements (or third party charges) can change but your member of staff will always advise you of this and obtain your consent to continue before spending any additional money on your behalf. If, as happens in a few cases, it appears that the amount of legal work involved in your transaction is likely to exceed the quotation given then the member of staff will discuss this with you at the earliest possible opportunity.
We can assist you with the following areas:
- Buy To Let
- Freehold Sales and Purchases
- Leasehold Sales and Purchases
- Declarations of Trust
- Lease Extensions
- Lease Variations
- Commonhold Property
- Help to Buy Scheme
- Transfer of Equity
- New Build Properties
- Shared Ownership and Staircasing
- Rights to Buy Scheme
- Services for Developers
- Sale of Property pursuant to a Compulsory Purchase Order
The Conveyancing process can be confusing, so we have broken down some of the terms in our Conveyancing Jargon Buster
Frequently Asked Questions
For guidance we have collated a list of frequently asked questions and answers for you. Of course your solicitor will be more than happy to answer any complex questions you have specific to your transaction.
- Q. How long does the average sale and purchase take?
- Q. Who will handle my conveyancing?
- Q. I am getting a mortgage; do I have to request the mortgage advance from my lender?
- Q. When will you request the deposit from me and how much is it?
- Q. What is the difference between exchange of contracts and completion?
- Q. Does the quote include all of the costs we can expect to pay?
- Q. What happens if I change my mind about selling/buying?
- Q. When should I put my buildings insurance in place?
- Q. What are the key things first time buyers should be aware of when buying a house?
- Q. If a seller has had major building works carried out on
the home I'm buying, do they have to supply an engineering report?
- Q. If there is something I'm not sure of about my house purchase, can I delay until I'm happy - will it cost me more in fees?
- Q. What is a chancel repair search? A friend advised me we should have one done as we're buying in a village near a church.
- Q. We are currently in rented accommodation, when should we tell our landlord we're moving to the property we're purchasing?
'Let me thank you for the excellent way you looked after us with the sale and purchase process of our homes, couldn't have wished for better service.' Mr K Crane
'Excellent service again, 3rd time we have used you for moving house' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - March 2016
"Excellent service" Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - June 2016
'Great service, very nice people. Sorted the whole process with no hassle' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - July 2016
'Ren, Gemma and the whole team gave us exceptional service and personal care' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - July 2016
'Extremely pleased with the service received. I was regularly updated with progress and the issues which arose during the transaction were clearly explained and quickly resolved - very impressive' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - October 2016
'I was extremely impressed with all the people I talked to; Ross, Gemma and especially Jenny who made the process as painless as possible. This is why I use your company!' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - January 2017
'I was delighted with the experience that I had with your firm and with Gemma. She constantly kept in touch with updates and was always on hand to answer any queries that I had and to help me through the process.' Client thank you - February 2017
'Jenny was prompt and professional, we won't hesitate to use Clapham & Collinge again' Client Satisfaction Questionnaire - July 2017
'I have had the pleasure of dealing with Jenny Boyle over several years and 4 house purchases and feel it appropriate to register my appreciate for the qualities she brings to her work. Attention to detail coupled with unfailing good humor and an ability to establish an easy yet professional rapport' Client thank you, February 2018.