As specialist employment law solicitors we understand that for most people, your job is one of the most fundamental aspects of your life. So, it’s not surprising that when problems occur it can be an extremely difficult and uncertain time for you and your family.
With the majority of people spending around a third of their life at work, it is important that you are aware of your legal rights, and have a working environment and employer relationship that you are comfortable with. Trying to identify what your rights are and how to apply them can be an unclear and confusing process. Whatever the issue, Clapham & Collinge solicitors can help! Our highly experienced team of employment law solicitors can advise on all areas of employment law including:
- Compromise/settlement agreements
- Contracts of employment
- Discrimination at work
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Maternity and parental rights
- Termination of employment
- Unfair dismissal
- Unfair treatment at work
- Q. What are compromise/settlement agreements?
- Q. How would a Settlement Agreement arise and what is the benefit?
- Q. Does an employee have to accept the settlement offer?
- Q. Can an employee suggest the Settlement Agreement?
- Q. Is the amount of money I have offered my employee fair?
- Q. Legal Costs
- Q. Can an employer or employee change their mind once a Settlement Agreement is signed?
- Q. What are Contracts of Employment?
- Q. What is a grievance procedure?
- Q. What is a disciplinary procedure?
- Q. What are Maternity rights?
- Q. What are Paternity rights?
- Q. What are adoption rights?
- Q. What is redundancy?
- Q. What does terminating employment mean?
- Q. What is an unfair dismissal claim?
- Q. What is wrongful dismissal?
- Q. What is constructive dismissal?
- Q. What is TUPE? - Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
Our dedicated team of employment law solicitors have a wealth of experience in the areas outlined above and more. For straightforward and practical employment law advice, contact us today to discuss your individual requirements in further detail, on 01603 693500 or email us using 'Make an enquiry' form appointments available at our Norwich, North Walsham and Sheringham offices.
'an excellent niche practice with a team of dedicated and professional solicitors' The Legal 500 United Kingdom, 2015 edition.
'I was advised to approach Clapham & Collinge relating to an employment issue with a former employer. Having used this firm of solicitors before I had no hesitation. Although the case felt long and protracted, I was advised all along the way and the end result was most satisfactory. Special thanks go to Natalie Smith, Neil Ashley and Mark Kermez who between them gave me peace of mind that I was in very good hands. I would not hesitate to recommend them and Clapham & Collinge in general.' Mr J Cox, December 2016.
'Nicola, I would just like to Thank you for your approach regards our contract issues. Throughout the process you have been very professional, proactive & at the same time very informative. We've been able to contact you easily & have had the confidence that you will inform us of any changes as soon as they happened. Just like to Thank you again and your colleagues Emerald and Ben. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend your company for anyone requiring Legal advice.' Client feedback, June 2017.
'I'm so very grateful for your friendly and professional help, and I will happily recommend your services in the future! It's been a stressful time, and I couldn't have got through it without you.' Client thank you email, August 2017.