Special Educational Needs

Special Educational Needs

As a parent or carer of a child with special education needs, securing the additional support your child requires is often complex, time consuming and frustrating. At Clapham & Collinge you can access specialist legal advice on all areas of special education needs (SEN).

We appreciate that every child is unique and in order for them to reach their best possible educational outcomes they may well require special educational provision or school setting. Securing this support can seem overwhelming but here at Clapham & Collinge we provide a comprehensive review of your situation; honest guidance on options going forward; and no surprises when it comes to legal fees.

We can advise you on:

  • Special education provision for young people or children with SEN (SEN Support).
  • Applications for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) needs assessment.
  • Challenging a decision of your Local Authority including:
    • A refusal to conduct a EHCP needs assessment of your child's SEN.
    • A refusal to produce an EHCP following statutory assessment.
    • Disagreements over the contents of an EHCP drafted by your Local Authority.
    • A refusal to amend a Statement/EHCP following an Annual Review.
    • A decision to cease to maintain a Statement/EHCP.
    • Disagreements over the school or FE College named in the EHCP.
  • Transition from a Statement of SEN to an EHCP.
  • The draft EHCP you have received and have been asked to approve by your Local Authority.
  • Making an appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST).
  • Making a disability discrimination claim.
  • Judicial Review.

We can tailor our advice to meet your individual requirements. We offer a fully comprehensive package that can include:

  • negotiating with your Local Authority and/or school;
  • attending meetings including the Annual Review; and
  • preparing all Appeal documentation and representation at the Tribunal hearing.

You might like to instruct us to conduct your entire case or indeed you might like to choose our consultancy route allowing you to conduct your own case whilst accessing our expert advisers when needed.

For more information or to discuss your or your child's circumstances, contact us by calling 01603 693500 or email us using the 'Make an enquiry' form. Appointments are available at our Norwich, North Walsham and Sheringham offices.

"Mel has been fantastic. Her communication has been second to none. Fighting our corner all the way, she took the time to listen to what we needed for our son. Mel was worth her weight in gold! Thank-you so much." - February 2019.

"You clearly have so much knowledge and it is amazing to find someone providing a service in this rather unique and difficult area that we are busily trying to navigate our way through." - September 2018

"Excellent service from start to finish. Very friendly and professional, nothing was too much trouble." - August 2018

Related services

Who is this service for?

  • For parents or carers of a child seeking legal advice on Special Educational Needs (SEN).

Which branches?

Services are available at:

  • Norwich
  • North Walsham
  • Sheringham

Our experts