Village Hall Trustee Training
Village halls, particularly in rural areas like Norfolk, play a key part in providing a place for community initiatives and a social hub for community activities.
Village hall management committees take on responsibility for the overall management and administration of the charity, so its important village hall trustees are aware of their roles and legal responsibilities.
Our half day trustee training session is designed to provide advice and guidance on good practice for trustees of a village hall charity; equipping attendees with key information and legal guidance to fulfil their role as village hall trustees. Key points to be covered will include:
- A historical introduction covering the Church, aftermath of WW1 and endowments
- Current issues faced by village halls including demographics, trustee turnover, conflicts of interest, modern functions and funding
- Attracting a new population
- Conversion to CIO
- Surveys and risk assessments
- Trading and maximising new and existing sources of income
Training session delivered by Michael Olmer, Consultant Solicitor at Clapham & Collinge.