Full time Conveyancing Assistant - Norwich
We have an excellent opportunity for a skilled Conveyancing Assistant to join our Norwich team. This position is suited for someone who has excellent communication skills and a proactive nature. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
We are a local, leading firm of expert solicitors with offices across Norfolk. Specialising in a wide range of legal services we are committed to delivering excellent client care and ensuring all legal matters are treated with the attention and efficiency our clients deserve.
Our people are truly valued for their skills and professionalism, but also for the viewpoint they bring to our firm. We recognise that our employee's unique perspectives, ideas and backgrounds give us a competitive edge and our culture is underpinned by the diversity of our team, which inspires innovation and growth and sets us apart from the other law firms.
Based at our offices at St Catherine's House, Norwich and reporting to our Head of Conveyancing, your main responsibilities will include;
- Supporting Fee Earners with general administrative tasks
- Dealing with clients over the telephone and face to face
- Completing Land Registry applications and Property searches
- Opening files and proceeding with initial stages of conveyancing transactions
- Completing Stamp Duty Land Tax forms
- Drafting Contract packs of sale transactions
- Post- completion procedures
- File closure
- Building a good rapport with Estate Agents and other parties
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong Administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have exceptional time management
- Be a genius organiser, able to manage deadlines and prioritise when needed
- Be Dependable
- Have ability to adapt to new systems and procedures quickly with excellent IT skills
- Have previous experience of working with an Conveyancing Department, desirable but not essential
This role is based in Norwich, however occasional travel/support to our North Walsham and Sheringham offices may be required.
Full time applicants only please.
No referrals or recommendation from agencies please.
If you are interested in joining our expert Residential Conveyancing Team please apply with a full CV via email to Claire Edon at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Claire Edon, HR Manager, Clapham & Collinge Solicitors, St Catherine's House, All Saints Green, Norwich, NR1 3GA
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merit of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All application are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.